Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 08-14-2018, 03:57 AM   #5
markaasmund

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Tuscany XTE 36MQ
State: Arkansas
THOR #4438
Found swivel/tilt mount

I purchased a swivel/tilt bracket assembly from Amazon that works on my exterior tv in the exterior compartment space. It's a Kanto M300W for 26" to 55" tvs. I think the W means white, because the bracket assembly is white. Now that I know it works I'll spray paint it black for a better look. I took off the Sony 37" tv by unscrewing the 6 lag screws holding the factory stationary tv bracket to the tv compartment. I removed the HDMI, cable, power, and speaker connections from the back of the tv. I drilled holes for the new Kanto into the steel tv compartment and bolted (6 bolts) the Kanto mount in the compartment, using a template supplied with the bracket. I then bolted (4 bolts) on the back of the tv the tv to the arm of the bracket. I reconnected all the cables etc. and all works just fine. There was enough coax, HDMI, and power to fully extend the new bracket to it's 19 inch extension, swivel it from side to side, and tilt it about 10 degrees. I will need to extend the speaker wires as they only allow it to extend about 8 inches. The whole job took about 45 minutes. The door closes without hitting the tv, albeit with only about 1/16" clearance. I'll probably put some felt or something over the screen when traveling just in case the tv mount allows the tv to jiggle when traveling, but the bracket is pretty sturdy and I don't think it will be an issue.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.