Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 08-14-2018, 02:13 PM   #10
TurnerFam

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Georgia
THOR #4735
I told them they were crazy, no HOLES should ever have to be drilled thru the outside of the coach/slide trim simply to access the motor set screw, yet they 'said' that's what would have to be done since they 'could not' get the slide out otherwise... hmmmmmm(?)

well, after I quickly left and arrived at our next destination, I found that you can easily pull the power from the motor(pull the motor harness from the controller box found in the bay below), allowing the slide to move by simply pushing it out from the inside.
Now I had easy access to the motor set screw near the top corner of the slide wall, under the rubber seal. After removal, the motor can then be easily lifted from the inside, within the top of the slide wall.
After replacing the motor, which Thor was nice enough to send me after hearing this 'horror' story, the slide has worked just fine since. I simply screwed the outside set screw back in and we were in fine shape. No CampingWorld involved!

Admittedly, though, CampingWorld in Byron(Macon) Georgia did a fine job with my main slide motor replacement 6 months before then. They simply did it the right way, by removing the power from the motor, and physically pushing out the slide far enough to get to the set screw. It's really something most owners can do themselves - no 'repair shop' needed.

Some repair shops know how to do this, some don't, apparently even within the same dealership brand.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum