Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 07-02-2015, 03:22 PM   #18
Chance

Brand: Still Looking
State: Texas
THOR #2121
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamieGeek View Post
yeah, my bad its 188" but still turns tighter than I would expect.

I don't know what the turning radius is but I've been able to do U-turns within gas stations (e.g. maneuver around the pumps without having to do the stop-reverse-go method).
As of 2013 model the turning radius of Ford E-Series have not been particularly short for their length. I don't think that has been revised, although it's possible.

The 2013 specs I've seen show the turning diameter curb-to-curb at 60.3 feet for the longest OEM chassis with 176-inch wheelbase. Obviously wall-to-wall is a little longer.

When stretched to 188- or 194-inch wheelbase for Axis/Vegas the turning diameter will increased to roughly 63- to 65-foot diameter range. It's not a linear relationship and I haven't calculated it, but this range should be close.

On longer Class Cs where the wheelbase is stretched to around 220 inches, the turning circle should be just over 70 feet. That's roughly twice that of many typical automobiles.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum