Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 08-14-2018, 05:58 PM   #15
99dart

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: SOB 2014 Meridian 36M
State: Washington
THOR #7205
OK...Everyone can breathe easy now. LOL The owners son told me "I didn't want to drill into a coach with "Custom" paint on it"! Meaning the tan gel coat. He told the guy from Thor he was nuts and would only do that as a last ditch effort. The hole would have been in the trim fascia that runs around the slide. Another tech said, "could they break the motor where it joins the gear box?" So, that is what he was able to do. The slide would not move (out) manually because the dead motor was holding it closed. The screw is on the outside of the coach, UNDER the trim fascia. Our guy asked the Thor tech, "so you have personally drilled this piece AND haven't made sure a design engineer changes this?!" There was silence on the other end of the line.
So, new front & rear motors will be installed by tomorrow. I will get the used front motor as a spare. Whew!

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum