Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 08-15-2018, 11:24 PM   #9
Tupelo Kid

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: ACE
State: Georgia
THOR #9143
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beau388 View Post
The EC-30W the wireless Energy Command was withdrawn, as it was unreliable because of interference from other wireless signals. Of course this is all based on hearsay as I have no actual knowledge. The EC-30 us still available but also expensive.
{Quote} Energy Command 30 (EC-30) is a very affordable option if you're purchasing a new RV, but it gets more expensive if you wish to add it to your existing vehicle. Connecting all the features of the EC-30 requires running wires from the air conditioner, transfer switch, house batteries, chassis batteries, safety input and generator back to the location of the control. Depending on the specific design of your RV and which features you wish to connect, it will take a technician 8 full hours [ @ $125+ per hour] to properly install an EC-30. If you're looking to purchase an EC-30 for your existing RV, have the dealer quote on installation as well so you know the full cost of adding this feature. Cummins Onan engineers do not recommend RV owners to attempt to install the EC-30 on their own as it requires knowledge of electrical codes to safely and correctly install all the wires.
Hope that explains it all.

I understand. I will get the quote before saying let's do it.
Yes, the install time can be steep. The local CW dealer gets $175.00 per hour. I'll drive it else where for a better price.
I worked at the local Corp Aircraft Co for 40 years and they only charge $120.00 per hr for serv labor when I retired 3 years ago.
May be up a little now but I'll bet not $175.

Real SAD part is, you know the Aircraft Co will be great service
since everything is inspected several times.
Local CW serv STINKS. They hire Burger flippers and put
them working on the MH and nothing gets inspected.
Now that I know what kit # I need I'll start working on this.

Thanks for the info.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum