Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 08-16-2018, 07:13 AM   #1
cramar

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Utah
THOR #12702
Thor 29 Freedom Elite Holding Tank Mods

When we picked up our new 2017 29fe, one of the things I noticed was that the bath dump line (shower, sink and toilet) (passenger side) was running underneath the vehicle driveline and merged with the kitchen dump line (driver side) resulting in a single outlet typical of most motor homes etc. Because the black water pipe was less than 10 inches above level ground I felt that it could result in a crappy situation for anyone involved if the pipe was hit in a driveway, going down the road or in an un-level camp spot. I had the dealer remove the pipe in question and put a regular dump or clean out resulting in a dump on both sides. I run two sewer hoses (one from each side) to a " Y " fitting and then a third hose to the dump inlet. After a few time using the above and getting use to the task at hand it only takes about 10 min or so to do the hook up and the first worry factor about being a crappy situation has not surfaced since first picking up the motor home. Sorry about the length but hope this may help others that have the same type setup.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.