Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 07-03-2015, 07:45 PM   #5
JamieGeek
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Axis 24.4
State: Michigan
THOR #1150
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chance
My wife and I visit a very large RV consignment center to inspect how RVs hold up after use, among other things, and I can say that most of the time we walk away discouraged because most units are either built poorly, or owners abuse them unnecessarily. I get we need to use them to enjoy them, but some owners are just careless. And on cheap stuff carelessness turns into failures.
In the storage lot where we keep our Axis there are several old or very old campers that just seem to be rotting there: I never see anyone visit them, I never see them gone (e.g. in use). They all are decaying to the point where they are useless (roof rotted away, doors falling off, etc.). In addition there is another Axis in our lot--it arrived about 6 months after ours did. I don't know what they've been doing with it or where they've been camping with it but it already looks like its 1 or 2 years older than ours!
A lot can be said of owner upkeep on that cheap stuff.
JamieGeek is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum