Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 08-18-2018, 02:04 PM   #1
JamieGeek
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Axis 24.4
State: Michigan
THOR #1150
Axis 24.1 weird slide leak

This is an odd one--at least to me:
Went to hug the camper yesterday just after one of the really hard downpours we've been getting lately (hot humid day, afternoon storm bubbles up and seems to just dump all the water contents in the air to the ground all at once--something like you get in FL; not used to this in Michigan!).

At the front of the floor where there is the step up to the front seats its all wet (camper is leaning towards the passenger side--hmm perhaps that is why I've only noticed this just now). Trace the water back towards the driver's side under the slide..!?

Looking under the slide there is a slight drip drip drip of water (appears to be dripping about directly under the cupholder at the front of the slide). Pull the cup holder out and look down with a flashlight: everything is dry!? (side is in) examine the side of the slide that is in--all dry. Look behind the couch all dry!? Put the slide out, works fine, everything I can see is dry (I wasn't able to examine the outside of the slide as there was a good 2" of water everywhere on the ground).

I did go visit this morning and put the slide back out..outside of slide looks good, all the gaskets look good--or at least the same as they always have.

So I'm clueless as to where the water was coming in to the slide? Perhaps some of the sealant on the slide topper sprung a leak and it was coming in through the slide walls!? Not sure..

I did find more screws and nails under the slide, however ! sigh even after all these years I'm still filling that bucket of parts Thor left me.

Don't ask for pictures as the drip was under the slide--it was difficult to even see the drip let alone try to get the camera on a good spot that I could take a pic. Even if I had a pic it would be difficult to determine what the pic was of.
JamieGeek is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.