Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 08-18-2018, 02:52 PM   #4
Chance

Brand: Still Looking
State: Texas
THOR #2121
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamieGeek View Post
This is an odd one--at least to me:
Went to hug the camper yesterday just after one of the really hard downpours we've been getting lately (hot humid day, afternoon storm bubbles up and seems to just dump all the water contents in the air to the ground all at once--something like you get in FL; not used to this in Michigan!).

.....cut.....
Sorry to hear this. Once you find leak, you may want to do an extensive inspection for water damage, particularly around floor where water accumulates or soaks into wood. It’s very possible this wasn’t the first time.

I think leaks are much more common than owners think even when they don’t see them. We get a lot of strong thunderstorms in southeast Texas on a regular basis, and have found that most RVs with slides more than a few years old smell like they have been wet. I have a sensitive nose for mildew and mold, and can spot them even when others don’t smell anything. Granted, data can be skewed because RVs for sale could be there because of water damage. Good luck.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum