Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 07-03-2015, 09:37 PM   #6
Chance

Brand: Still Looking
State: Texas
THOR #2121
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamieGeek View Post
In the storage lot where we keep our Axis there are several old or very old campers that just seem to be rotting there: I never see anyone visit them, I never see them gone (e.g. in use). They all are decaying to the point where they are useless (roof rotted away, doors falling off, etc.). In addition there is another Axis in our lot--it arrived about 6 months after ours did. I don't know what they've been doing with it or where they've been camping with it but it already looks like its 1 or 2 years older than ours!
A lot can be said of owner upkeep on that cheap stuff.
Jamie, to be clear, I wasn't saying that Axis is cheap. It's not. And the price, while lower than most larger Class As, is still higher than what I consider cheap units. I won't mention brands. At shows I've seen small cheap Class Cs sold for $20,000 lower than an Axis. Some of these brands fall apart more quickly in my opinion. Granted, cheaper RVs may also attract less experienced owners, or some other factor that compounds the problem.

Many of the motorhomes of various brands have broken dinette table supports, broken or missing trim, water leaks, and the thing that bothers me most is damage associated with slides. We see water leaks, sagging structure, damage to floor, etc. all the time. And almost all have the top of the slide very dirty. And that dirt that accumulates on top of slide often comes with a smell I don't like. Could be one of those out-of-sight out-of-mind things that doesn't get cleaned often, or ever.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum