Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 08-22-2018, 03:23 PM   #5
Mlleml

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Windsport 29M
State: New York
THOR #11919
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rotorhead206 View Post
I swear Oklahoma has got to have the worst roads in the U.S., we were driving thru eastern part of state and it got so rough the sliding bathroom door track pulled out of ceiling. The door was jammed up were you could not move it either direction, I was able to get the door down and the track had 3ea #6 couarse treated screws holding it to ceiling. I need to put it back up was wondering what would be an adequate fastener to use and what kind of structure is up there in the ceiling?

Heard back from the dealer today on the door repair. Said factory used too few and too small screws to attach the frame to the ceiling. They contacted Thor to find out where the rafters are but found them to be “not much help”. He drilled small pilot holes along the length of the frame to find something solid and the put in more, larger diameter screws thru the track into the ceiling. Said he used about 10 screws, at least twice the diameter of the original ones. Sounds solid, I guess time will tell.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.