Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Thread: First Motorhome
View Single Post
Old 08-23-2018, 01:48 AM   #1
simidrm

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Tuscany 40ex
State: Ohio
THOR #12726
First Motorhome

Hello everyone from Ohio and my wife and I finally gave up our old 1988 5th wheel and bought a used (2014)Thor Tuscany 40ft diesel pusher and it had 28,000 miles on it.

We made our first trip from Ohio to Battlement Mesa Colorado back in March was around 3k miles round trip and all went well no issues with RV and we got about 9.5mpg and our 2nd trip was a state campground in Ohio last weekend
and so far we have been impressed with the way it drives.

As a occupation I work for Ryder Transportation as a mechanic and work on the same drive train as the RV everyday luckily I have access to the same software for engine and other electronics should it ever give me issue's and would be glad to help anyone with questions before you go to a dealership.

Since it is on a Freightliner chassis and uses cummins engine and Allison transmission I can get most any trouble shooting tree needed other than for the RV side.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.