Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 08-25-2018, 01:00 AM   #19
JamieGeek
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Axis 24.4
State: Michigan
THOR #1150
Update

Got the RV home and started to examine the slide a little closer than I could at the storage lot. Sure enough the trim area mcr1010 pointed out has some gaps in the sealant along the bottom and at the two trim pieces at each end.

I grabbed my trusty tube of silicone and ran a bead from the top of one side down and along the bottom up the other side from the slideout cover to the slideout cover. I'll hose it down tomorrow (if we don't get rain tonight) to test it out. I didn't really want to hose it down today and then have to wait for it to dry when we're supposed to get rain overnight so I just sealed it up as much as I could. I'm pretty sure this is the culprit as there were at least two spots about 2" - 3" long with no caulk/sealant on it at all.

Since I had the coach home I also cleaned it up a little--found a few more screws laying around under the slide (be sure to lift that little rubber squeegee and look under there--you may find untold riches!).

In addition I added the rubber gasket around the hood that I saw on here recently (although I don't remember who posted that so I can't give credit where its due). When I was adding the gasket I noticed a few areas where the hood was rubbing through the gelcoat and you could already see the fiberglass underneath; the gasket should help that some.
JamieGeek is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum