Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 08-25-2018, 01:18 PM   #7
golf-bears

Brand: DRV
State: South Dakota
THOR #4314
I had a few leaking connections on the Kantleak water distribution panel as well. Plus the fresh tank filled when connected to park water supply. Chased the problems for some time. Finally after replacing the entire Kantleak valve, which did not solve the problems, I removed the panel again and put Teflon tape on all the connections. This stopped all the fitting leaks. I noticed that without the Teflon tape that when you tighten the fittings by hand and tighten too much, the fitting jumps threads and you lose the tight fit which causes the fitting to leak. With the Teflon tape the fittings can be hand tighten enough so they don't leak.

As far as filling the fresh water tank, again tried a number of fixes to no avail. Finally put a shut off valve on the water tank fill line. Now the tank does not fill when connected to park water supply. When on park water, I shut the valve. When on tank water and pump, I open the valve.

So far no more leaks and the tank does not fill when connected to park water supply.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.