Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 08-26-2018, 09:10 PM   #10
MiramarTN

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Miramar
State: Tennessee
THOR #12286
Quote:
Originally Posted by WarEagleDan View Post
I have a KarKaddy SS. Here's a quote from the manual:

"Shift loaded car into “park” and lock steering wheel with front tires in a straight position. If the car does not have a locking steering column the steering wheel must be tied securely with front tires in a straight position."

I've pulled an Escape 10,000+ miles using only the seat belt to tie the steering wheel down to keep the front tires straight. I've never had the front tires move at all, even when the dolly had a catastrophic blow-out.
WarEagleDan Thanks for the tip. I have a spoke at the 6 o'clock position on my steering wheel. The seatbelt looks to do a good job with right hand turns but on left hand turns the wheel moves a good bit. I am thinking I need two ratchet straps.

Speaking of WarEagle, on October 13th, I was looking at somewhere to park an RV near Jordan-Hare stadium. University Station? Any ideas?.... and most importantly, GO VOLS!

MiramarTN
MiramarTN is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.