Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 08-29-2018, 12:01 AM   #57
sip

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: California
THOR #5882
Lol yah "nearly 2 years" ... looking back at my pictures, I started early sept 2016 and finished the last parts of the install sometime in November working on things during whatever free time I could find on weekends. I went at a pretty slow pace as I was in no rush.

This was my last update post on overall happiness .. definitely glad I did this:
Thor Forums - View Single Post - Installed BigFoot rv jacks on 2016 24.1 Vegas

Regarding how often:

The RV is always resting on the jacks these days even when parked in the yard. So in that sense, they are in constant "use". No leaks or problems of any kind that I have noticed so far. I haven't checked the fluid level but since there have been no leaks, I suspect it's fine. It does remind me to go under there and check though

As far as how many times I've cycled them ... I'd estimate about once a month at least. Sometimes the RV sits for a couple of months but then we do a week-long trip with 3 or 4 stops along the way where I extend and retract the jacks. I'd say in the last 2 years we've had probably 5 or 6 such extended trips and a bunch of short weekend trips.

The other day for example I extended the front ones with plastic steps to get more space to get under it to do an oil change too.

Standard disclaimer: Use jack stands, be safe, etc.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.