Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 07-08-2015, 01:21 PM   #10
JamieGeek
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Axis 24.4
State: Michigan
THOR #1150
Quote:
Originally Posted by MBMACE
My Generator keeps quitting when I run the generator and gives me a code of 3 dashes a pause then 3 dashes again. The book says to push the prime button once and it with give you a new code. When I do it gives me one dash a pause and then 3 dashes which means its UNDER VOLTAGE and to reduce the load. "Reduce the number of connected appliances, especially air conditioners and battery chargers". The only thing that is running is the Air that's the reason why I am running it. I bring it to Camping World and they say they don't know what it is.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tnrambler
Hello New Guy.

Your generator issue might be a bad fuel pump. I had a similar problem - genset would run a few minutes and stall. It gave a code similar to the one you got, but the problem was the lack of fuel flow causing low speed and low voltage before it quit. After a while it would restart and run a few more minutes. Those pumps are pretty cheap quality.

I would suggest that CW check that pump.

Good luck.
If you aren't too thrilled about having CW check the generator (since CW already said: "We don't know") take your coach to a Cummins shop: Cummins Service Locator

Our Axis had one of the bad fuel pumps: It quit and wouldn't restart again. Took it to a local Cummins shop and while the service write up guy was telling me that I should make an appointment and it would take them a month or so to get me in; the tech was replacing the fuel pump! LOL "Oh you're all done!"

It was really funny being at the Cummins shop with our little Axis parked next to all the big semi's--a little humbling (Same thing happened when we got it aligned at a truck shop.)
JamieGeek is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum