Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 09-05-2018, 06:41 PM   #22
MayoVetman

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Florida
THOR #1373
Update on the original post. The specific Camping World Service tech was able to assess my slide out issue:

“THE TEETH ARE JUMPING OVER THE GEAR AND ITS LOOSING TRIM FROM TOP TO BOTTOM. THE ONLY WAY TO REPAIR IT IS TO ORDER AND REPLACE THE SLIDE COLLUMS. TECH SAYS THE REAR COLLUM IS VERY HARD TO ACCESS. TECH REQUEST 8HRS TO CHANGE OUT BOTH COLLUMS.”

To be clear, I’m aware when the teeth “jumped” over the gear. Happened only twice, but has caused the small gap at the top of the slide on the front side. Unfortunately, I agree with the technician and previous post that the entire Schwintec mechanism (motor, shaft/gears, and rails) needs to be replaced. The technicians reasoning for replacing the front and rear column mechanisms is so that I have a “new” motor on both ends working together (I’m not convinced of that yet).

Would appreciate anyone’s opinion.

Thanks!!

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.