Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 09-09-2018, 05:00 PM   #8
tinman01

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Challenger 37 GT
State: North Carolina
THOR #7843
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peterrrr View Post
Hey Don... From my perspective your describing the signs of an over current problem,where start-up current exceeds the over current trip level of the inverter. Output voltage should quickly decrease in order to limit the output current. Where a trip level is continuously exceeded, the inverter should shut down and restart. Multiples within a short time frame should force a complete shut down of the unit. Your 400 amp fuse on the 4-0 conductor blowing is another sign of this. It doesn't sound like you have a large draw though. Could your problems be with the wiring on the DC side? Some things to check . Is your wire run under 10 feet from the inverter to battery? Are all battery interconnections of the same 4-0 gauge. Are all connections of battery cable to battery/inverter terminals direct and of good contact?

Good luck.

I didn't think of that. The CA runs are short, the longest is about 3 feet, However I did use 2 gauge wire to connect the batteries together. It never occurred to me that it might cause problems. I will redo them and use
4-0 gauge wire this time.

Something else I meant to correct is all the multiple connections on one lug, such as at the disconnect switch.
I did order in 4 lug terminals and will install them when I redo the wiring.

Thanks and I will let you know how it comes out.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.