Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 09-11-2018, 12:10 AM   #31
KohTangFred

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Aria 3901
State: Iowa
THOR #12878
GFI Problem Fix

I have had same issue and found the problem in my rig, hope this helps. Aria 3901 2018, The mid bathroom GFI blows all the time, especially when converts from shore power to inverter and back. I have already done most of the fixes I have found posted here including changing the GFI to a 8899, and they didn't help me. The power goes from the bathroom outlet down to the basement where they turn the romax wire over to a stranded wire. then they go up into the passenger side slide and then convert it back to romax wire and up to the outlets. The junction box where they convert back to romax, they take the neutral wire from the cooktop(not GFI or powered by the inverter) and join it with the GFI neutral and then up to the outlet. This junction box is behind the big bottom drawer right under the cooktop.
One of the symptoms that made it hard to figure was when I was on shore power, I had a coffee pot that would blow the GFI the second it was plugged in. on the inverter it wouldn't blow the GFI but would not run anything. If you measured the voltage it showed 114v on the hot, nothing on the ground or neutral. A circuit analyzer shows the outlet was normal when on shore power was on and neutral and hot reversed on inverter.
Hope this helps
Fred

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum