Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 09-11-2018, 03:54 PM   #3
Chance

Brand: Still Looking
State: Texas
THOR #2121
Jayco, a Thor brand, and a couple of other manufacturers are using two of the 11,000 BTU/hr Power Savers on a 30-Amp coach with 4,000 Watt generators. They have a power management system, but I think you could do the same manually if you pay attention to loads and don’t run too many things at once.

The advantage of the 11,000 Power Saver is that it uses less current at start up. Lock Rotor Amps are significantly lower.

If it were me, and you were going to replace the existing A/C anyway, I’d add a new 11,000 in bedroom and give it a try. If it didn’t work as you want, then I’d replace the front one with lower current A/C.

I would base load the existing 13.5 by setting thermostat very cold so it wouldn’t cycle on and off, and then let the smaller 11,000 PS cycle on and off because it uses less LRA. If that doesn’t work, then I’d replace the front one with another 11,000 PS. This is just an opinion based on what manufacturers are doing with similar-size motorhomes.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum