Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 09-12-2018, 11:46 AM   #4
TurnerFam

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Georgia
THOR #4735
From my Magnum ME2012 experience, the AGS is deigned to crank the generator after the VOLTS setting has been breached for a continuous 2 minutes. I have used settings between 11.8 and 12.0, with the most recent as 12.0 with 30 min RUN TIME, which works well for us, our fridge, fans, computers, TVs, receivers, etc.

I've never experienced a 'low voltage' situation from my inverter, though I know that there are settings within the Inverter that can 'cut out' the inverter if voltage output falls below a certain ratio. The fridge's compressor cutting on can make a sound, and initially make the Volts reading drop lower, but when it cuts back off, the Volts reading will typically rise back to a more 'actual' battery level reading. If your fridge is running for 5 or 10 minutes, it sounds pretty typical to me. It doesn't run 24/7.

Also, as another note, the LBCO setting is designed for LOW BATTERY CUT OUT of the Inverter if the battery levels fall below a setting - I use 11.5. This cuts off the inverter, to preserve the batteries, and to make sure that the levels are high enough if you need to crank the generator manually, even if you don't have the AGS enabled. The inverter will come back on after the battery levels are back above the setting.

The AGS is a magnificent off-grid tool for RVing - allowing you to manage the batteries, the generator, and electrical usage without much 'manual' involvement, and without having to always be on top of the battery levels constantly yourself.
TurnerFam is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.