Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 09-12-2018, 03:50 PM   #10
LBrown

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Quontum PD31
State: New Hampshire
THOR #10584
I would think that if the batteries were down to 11.8 then that would be what the inverter was receiving. At any rate, the information I got concerning low AC output from the inverter came from the inverter manufacturer. I have an 1800 watt Xantrex. Yours is a 2000 watt Magnum. Maybe its the brand difference or maybe it's the wattage difference that allows yours to work the way one would expect it to. Or maybe you're right about the refrigerator. Mine is a Whirpool like yours and it'll work fine for about 20 hours on my battery bank and only has issues when the batteries are nearly down to 12 volts. Also, apparantly you can't see the output voltage on a modified sine wave inverter with a standard volt meter. I'll try and borrow the correct type from an electrician and see what that tells me. Just another source of frustration. At least I know things do work properly on a 2000 watt inverter.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum