Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 09-13-2018, 11:51 PM   #1
Stacrmac

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: ACE
State: New York
THOR #12111
Greetings from NY - 2018 ACE

Hi,

We are RV newbies, and just purchased our first motorhome, a 2018 ACE 27.2.
The hplan is to use it to travel the U.S. once I'm retired in a few years.

We've had an arduous time from before we even purchased the unit. Guess where....yup, Camping World. After buying it, 2 months after begging to take our money, we've had 2 camping trips thus far.

We were thinking about the Good Sam Extended Service Plan. The pricing was a joke, $8,000 for 7 years! Actually not really 7 years if you consider the chassis manufacturer warranty is 3, the PowerTrain is 5yrs, & the roof is 12, you're only getting about 3 or so years coverage.

Our 2nd trip out, we saw liquid leaking and smoke coming from under the motorhome. We called Good Sam & said a few things we thought it could be.
They would NOT come out to diagnose the issue. We had to call a mobile RV guy to diagnose it, $100 later. One of the hydraulic lines for the leveling jacks got torn by friction and poor design. Thank goodness Thor said they'd cover it we had it fixed locally by a line fabricator.

After that one experience with Good Sam, we will NOT be purchasing their plan. Like someone else noted, save the money in an RV account and you'll be able to pay for repairs on your own. That plus the great advise you will get here and with other owners, if you're mechanically incliined, I'd expect that'd be the best 'insurance' plan.

I'm glad we found this forum, there's so much to learn.

Stacy

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.