Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 09-14-2018, 02:50 PM   #8
Zach

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Kansas
THOR #13085
So 12.5v is a good resting voltage for the AGM batteries? I was thinking this was about 80% charge. I keep reading that I should be seeing at least 12.9v. But honestly, I have no experience with these type of deep cycle batteries. I just know my generator should be charging at a higher voltage than 12.8v. I am wondering if I can just use my current converter and just get a charge controller or if I replace the whole thing? Life would have been easier with the regular wet cell batteries. I just didn't want to deal with the MX on them. I'll keep looking for a dual converter/charge controller that will work with the AGM batteries.

@Turner, I am getting a good 120V to the main electric panel. I checked that. Thats why I was confused. I am confused why my converter is stepping down the voltage from the 13.3-13.4v that I am seeing at the polarity fuses to 12.8 to the batteries.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.