Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 09-14-2018, 06:47 PM   #10
Beau388

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane 31S
State: Texas
THOR #6411
MY coach had four 15 amp circuit breakers: water heater, GFCI, 120 volt and inverter. Th inverter circuit breaker is for the inverter by-pass relay power. The inverter powered duplex receptacles are located at each TV, the video distribution cabinet and the outside frig, The outside frig receptacle does not have a GFCI as GFCI circuits do not play well with inverters. The GFCI receptacles are in the bathroom, kitchen and the outside. When I rewired the coach for fifty amps, I added another 20 amp relay for the inverter bypass so that all normal 120 volt receptacles could be powered by the inverter. That let me run the portable ice maker and the RV frig off the inverter. I added a 120 volt AFCI 20 amp circuit with a pop-up power outlet on the kitchen counter. I got rid of the GFCI in the bathroom and powered that circuit through an AFCI in the power center. I plan on converting all the coach's 120 volt receptacles to AFCI protected outlets and adding another 120 volt duplex receptacle in the back edge of the dinette to power the sub-woofer.
Beau388 is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.