Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Thread: Newbie
View Single Post
Old 07-13-2015, 11:27 AM   #6
DHH57

Brand: Still Looking
State: South Carolina
THOR #2409
Quote:
Originally Posted by dstankov View Post
Not too long ago we had a lengthy discuss on AC systems in another thread. The link to the thread is:

http://www.thorforums.com/forums/f8/...ture-1700.html

On my Challenger we have had a few days in the mid to high 90s and the 37 foot coach has stayed at 80 throughout with only 1 15K running part time. I have not tried setting the thermostat lower because right now my concern is not comfort but rather in dehumidifying the coach to prevent mold, mildew and odors between trips.
There is a little more to it than just the delta. Insulation is a big factor and we all know most are not insulated very well. Whether you are parked in shade. If you were able to maintain 70 with outside temp of 100 with one 13.5 K AC you must have one heck of an insulation package or the inside is so full of cabinets, walls, and other stuff the the square footage is low. I have a 42' 5th wheel with 3 AC units and it won't do that. Also, 80 is very uncomfortable to me.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum