Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 09-15-2018, 08:19 PM   #18
houche

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Texas
THOR #12533
Anyone changed a slide motor on a Miramar

I haven't changed a slide motor on a Miramar, but I've done it on a Quantum. What the person posting the steps to do it failed to say is that after the motors are replaced, you'll have to bypass the slide controller to bring the slide in on the first time. Then you'll have to make sure the slide motors are sync'd. Not a big deal, but an important step.

Another thing is that Thor doesn't always get the retention screw in the right place. Mine on the rear motor was too low because it didn't hit the motor opening. Even with the retention screw in the motor lifted up twice on me. It shorted out the motor and broke the screw posts that keep the motor from rotating. So I added a second retention screw on the inside by adding a small steel strap with a screw in it to hit the motor opening on the front side. Since then it's been ok and hasn't lifted out of the slot.

The back motor was really hard to reach because of the small clearance between the wall and the slide.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum