Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Thread: 1st Question...
View Single Post
Old 09-17-2018, 01:48 AM  
mdgtmstng

Brand: Keystone
Model: Cougar 304BHS
State: South Carolina
THOR #13115
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamieGeek View Post
Well really if you only have 30 amp there isn't much of a checklist:
  • Make sure the waste tanks are pretty empty (you'll still want about a gallon or two in the black tank with some deodorizer or enzyme treatment but the grey can be dry)
  • Fill fresh tank
  • Plug in
  • Enjoy

You'll want to keep an eye on the tank gauges while you're there--although with a unit that old the gauges may not be functioning properly. That really is your biggest challenge: Accurately determining how much fresh water you have and how full the tanks are. Especially if you're staying a full week. For a week I don't think I'd plan on bathing too often in the coach; if you do you'll want to take extreme Navy showers!

Aside from that: You'll have power so you can use all the appliances; including the A/C.
We'll be on-site from Wed evening thru Sun morning, then heading home. One question I haven't been able to find the answer to in the rather-vague owner's manual is regarding the hot water system. With the fresh water tank full, does the hot water tank get it's water supply automatically, or do I need to do something else to get water to it, before firing up the heater?

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.