Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 07-14-2015, 01:33 AM   #1
acsnook

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: ACE 27.1
State: Florida
THOR #1393
Schwintek slide out problem ACE 27.1

Hello members,

I attempted to extend the slide out this weekend but it went out 3 inches then stopped. The slide was retracted and I attempted to extend it again and got the same result. Went to the slide controller and got 8 red flashes followed by 2 green flashes, which would indicate a "battery drop out". I hooked up a battery charger to both house batteries, which indicated one battery was 100% charged and the other 65% charged. I removed the 65% charged battery and replaced it with a recently charged 100% charged battery. I now have two 100% charged batteries and even my coach battery status meter indicates a full charge on my batteries. I attempted to extend the slides again and got the same result and the same error codes. I also noticed that the I had to press the switch twice to get the system to begin extending and retracting, getting nothing the first time the switch is pressed. Any idea what the issue may be at this point?

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.