Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 09-17-2018, 06:17 PM   #28
Chance

Brand: Still Looking
State: Texas
THOR #2121
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmtech16450yz View Post
I love you too Chance.

Unfortunately you lack an understanding of physics, practical experience and extensive training on the subject, knowing how to properly ask a question or show concern, and on top of all that, you live in an RV forum and you don't even own an RV.

lol. hahahahahaha.

So what, do you actually think someone has to jump off the Empire State Building first to know that it won’t end well? That logic is ridiculous.

And if presently owning an RV makes anyone an expert, why are there so many “OWNERS” constantly asking for help on all kinds of issues? That logic is also ridiculously stupid. Do all RV repairmen have to own RVs? Do they have to own the same kind they fix? Give me a break.

And for what it’s worth, I’ve owned both DRW and SRW E-Series RVs and have worked on them myself, including replacement of brakes, hubs, bearings, etc. As a mechanical engineer I don’t only know theory, I know this kind of stuff in practice also.

Besides, you have never shown that you actually understand physics at all. Period. You make a lot of claims, but that’s about it. In this case you’ve crossed a line by promoting a horrendous idea that’s dangerous and will get people hurt or worse. Mechanical engineers do understand physics, and I feel responsible to protect the safety of those who don’t know any better and can’t tell the difference.

And to be clear, just because you drive it around the block doesn’t make it safe. Just like poorly-designed hitches that broke after tens of thousands of miles, your accident may come later.

Do you really think that if it was that easy to widen the front track of a truck without compromising safety, that Ford wouldn’t simply change wheel offset to get what they want instead of designing a wider track front axle at a much higher cost?

I’m honestly surprised that the Alcoa vendor sold you the wheels at all if they knew your plans. Apparently their greed was stronger than their common sense.

Funny that I knew what would happen for trying to help you stay safe. You’re welcome anyway.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum