Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Thread: 1st Question...
View Single Post
Old 09-18-2018, 12:39 AM   #13
JamieGeek
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Axis 24.4
State: Michigan
THOR #1150
That looks right. If I remember correctly--its been a few years. There was only 1 valve (I believe there was a check valve at the hot water out) so that when its turned one way the water bypasses the heater and the other way goes through it (actually a little simpler than the 3 valve setup in my Axis LOL).

From your picture I'd guess you're set as the valve is inline with the cold water intake (point the valve perpendicular to the cold water intake for winterizing).

In addition: Your picture of the switch would indicate that you probably don't have the electric option so you may not have to worry about burning out an element (that doesn't exist in your trailer).

Given what we're seeing: try it. Turn on the water heater for a bit and then open a faucet to see if warm water comes out (if you don't want to put any in the grey tank use the outside shower). You shouldn't have to wait for the water to come up to full hot...just long enough so that its warmer than the "cold" water.
JamieGeek is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.