Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 09-18-2018, 10:52 PM   #17
JamieGeek
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Axis 24.4
State: Michigan
THOR #1150
Quote:
Originally Posted by m@tt View Post
I'm busy binge-watching that RV youtube channel that was first posted in the thread up there ^^. Thank you for that

I do like the freeze-dried meal ideas but the idea floated like a lead balloon with the other half. She did bring up the Costco pre-made meals as an alternative so we have something fresher and really tasty.

I am also torn on the heating now. On one hand, I have the RV furnace which would keep most everything warm however, do I need to spend so much propane keeping everything warm if I'm going to use it in a mostly winterized condition?

What is everyone's preference on furnace vs a couple of ceramic electric heaters or maybe a couple of catalytic based propane portable heaters? I see the drawback with a propane heater or furnace and humidity but I'd still be burning propane anyway running the generator for the electric generator. It feels like there should be a positive trade-off somewhere I may be missing.
When its really cold the propane furnace will eat up propane faster than a V-10 at 5000 RPM eats gas. On our first trip in our Axis it was 32F for the whole weekend and we burned through a tank of propane in just 2 days.

I would suspect that you'll want to use a combination of both electric and the furnace as it will just be too cold and you won't have enough blankets.
JamieGeek is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.