Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 09-20-2018, 01:04 PM   #5
jabrabu

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Chatea 31E
State: Maryland
THOR #5837
Latest update:

I had been trying to schedule the warranty repair to the de-laminated wing walls for a long time, and finally dropped it off at the shop this week. They then discovered that Thor had sent them 2 driver's side parts instead of one for each side, so the repair didn't get done.

We had also detected some propane smell intermittently during recent trips, so the shop did a leak check and found that there was a leak at the regulator.

During the last trip the rear bedroom window shade/valance fell off, and the rear support for the kitchen drawers collapsed. I re-attached the valance using larger screws. The design and construction of the kitchen drawer supports are poor. They just hang from a piece of plywood under the stove. They are attached at the top using essentially staples -- no glue or screws. At the bottom there is about a 1.75" gap from the floor. Kitchen drawers are likely to have pots & pans, coffee maker, toaster, etc., so there will be some weight in them. This design and construction just isn't sufficient to hold the weight. I don't know why they didn't just extend the wood to the floor to adequately support the weight. I added wood under the bottom so the support frame is held up from below, and I also securely screwed in the supports at the top. I also re-aligned the drawer slide hardware so they close evenly (the left side of the drawers used to stick out when closed).

There seems to be something to repair after every trip.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.