Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 09-23-2018, 12:11 AM   #15
Gc.lonefir

Brand: Still Looking
State: Oregon
THOR #9314
Quote:
Originally Posted by LockChuck92 View Post
Hey gang, I just got set up on our first trip, hooked up the hoses to city water and included is my brand new (and not cheap) water pressure regulator that don't seem to be regulating. Here's the order I have everything in: I have a "Y" splitter at the spicket, two 25' hoses (need every foot of them, but they're not kinked or stretched too tightly), an in-line water filter. I've opened all the faucets inside, as well as the outside shower in order to push all the air out of the lines. When I close the faucets, the water pressure dial goes nuts. When It climbs above 50psi, I open the other side of the "Y" to relieve the pressure before it bursts my pipes in the rig. I've turned the dang screw on the regulator and it doesn't seem to have any bearing on the pressure. What am I doing wrong? Thanks in advance gang!

I started out using the typical cheap regular at spigot, then inline water filter and a l-shaped quick connect at Vegas inlet. Couldn’t get waterless hot water to work anywhere but bathroom sink. Found out if the pressure is to low tankless won’t work right. I bought an adjustable set it at 60psi so it is 55 when going into Vegas. All works well.
Also found some of the campgrounds have told me they have a reservoir and when it is low their pump comes on and the campground water pressure jumps to 80 psi.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum