Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 09-27-2018, 11:54 AM   #6
Miramar Owner

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Miramar 34.4
State: Iowa
THOR #4488
With my 2015 Jeep Wrangler I used to follow the specific directions but they are a little confusing since they also include the stick shift and mine is an automatic. I have found the easiest way is while it is in park, set the parking brake. With the engine running and in park, shift the transfer case lever into neutral, then shift into drive, just to make sure your are truly in neutral. Turn off the engine and turn the key to the on position (without starting) to allow you to shift into park. You are now good to go. Your transfer case should now be in neutral and your gear shift should be in park. Don't forget to release the emergency brake after being connected to the RV.

Putting it back into gear is even easier. (Set the emergency brake) With the engine running, push the transfer case lever back into gear (probably 2 Hi). Thats it. Once you are disconnected from the RV, release the emergency brake and shift into gear and your good to go.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum