Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 07-19-2015, 05:39 PM   #12
Chance

Brand: Still Looking
State: Texas
THOR #2121
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamieGeek View Post
I bet I could load a bike or two in the Axis from the driver's side if I removed the front wheel--it would be tight though .

Yeah I was trying to watch my wording, though as I know the storage area isn't that big.

Even so Thor does advertise it as:

On the Features page
When I first saw the 24.1 my first impression was that a typical road or mountain bike wouldn't fit at all. Considering a folding chair doesn't fit it's hard to visualize how an adult's bike could be maneuvered into place from the driver's side. Two bikes would be incredible.

I didn't try it but on the units I've seen the space between where the bedroom drawers go and the back of the compartment doesn't look wide enough for the rear wheel(s) or the fork/bars. That's why I thought removing the drawers could open the Mega storage so that bikes could go in on their sides. Unfortunately that requires one bike to lay on the other, which I don't like to do even when padded.

I want/prefer a compartment that allows the bikes to ride upright with only the front wheel off. Some Thor and (previous) Damon motorhomes do a good job providing such a compartment.

By the way Jamie, does your compartment look like the one in this picture? I want to make sure we are on same page because I have a hard time seeing two bikes fitting in such a small space.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum