Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 10-06-2018, 01:36 PM   #5
Miramar Owner

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Miramar 34.4
State: Iowa
THOR #4488
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bfdchief24 View Post
Does anyone use air to blow out lines. Drain water and put antifreeze in traps? I have done this with my pull behind and our Gemini with no issues. Wondering if I will be able to do it with our Windsport 31z.
Yes...That is how I do mine. No antifreeze in the water lines at all, just in the drains.

I first open low point drains, the fresh water tank and the water heater valve. I then hook up my air compressor to the water fill inlet and thoroughly blow out the water heater. Once that is done I turn on the water heater bypass and continue the process one faucet at a time until they are clear. The last item is the ice maker. I set it to make ice and let it work through several cycles until the last one produces a sliver of ice. This takes all day but I just check it every hour or so and dump any ice it makes each cycle. I add a gallon of RV antifreeze to all drains and I'm done. Final note...don't forget the outside kitchen (if you have one) and the toilet.

I leave the faucets 1/2 open. I also leave the valve open (or plug out) of the hot water heater. I do NOT leave the fresher water drain open or the low point drains since I want to make sure nothing crawls into my fresh water. I also take out the water filter and throw it away since I'll be using a new one in the spring and remove the screen filter from the inlet side of the water pump. I reinstall that in the spring as well.

It's very easy to do and the best thing is it is so simple in the spring to fill the tanks without having to flush all that antifreeze. Reinstall the screen to the water pump, install a new filter, close the hot water heater valve, close all faucets, fill the fresh water tank and your good to go.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum