Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 10-07-2018, 10:06 PM   #1
CountryBoy

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Florida
THOR #10788
Oil Change 2018 Vegas

I read some posts about the hassles of a DIY oil change and came up with an interesting solution for my Vegas. First I took off the dog house cover that separates the engine compartment and the cab interior.
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1037.jpg
Views:	620
Size:	112.8 KB
ID:	13321

Next using my newly acquired hood keys (thanks for the help guys) raised up the hood and found the oil filter tube. I cut the plastic tab securing the filler tube (see picture with yellow circle and red arrow).

Name:	IMG_1038.jpg
Views:	783
Size:	155.3 KB
ID:	13322

Went back inside and while using a small channel lock wrench to loosen clamp (see picture with clamp circled in yellow with red arrow) pulled the oil filler tube off and turned it 180 degrees, so that it comes back toward interior of dog house cover.

Name:	IMG_1039.jpg
Views:	612
Size:	146.5 KB
ID:	13323

Now all I have to do is take the dog house off and using a funnel with a short hose refill the oil after draining.

Name:	IMG_1040.jpg
Views:	512
Size:	118.7 KB
ID:	13324

Hope this helps someone!

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.