Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 10-11-2018, 01:43 PM   #5
bevedfelker

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2015 Vegas 24.1
State: Pennsylvania
THOR #2601
Kevin sent me his question in a private message after he had read my manual. I suggested that the Isolation relay under the hood or his converter might be causing the problem. I suggested he post his question on the forum because there are way more of you out there with better electrics knowledge than me. I suggested the Isolation Relay based on him saying he was hearing relay clicking under the hood.

What I don't know is with a BIM is there internal circuitry that serves the function of the isolation relay and battery disconnect relays that many of us have with the Isolator/Trombetta/Battery Disconnect relays. If so then he might have a problem with relays in the BIM that function as the Isolator Relay or Chassis Battery Disconnect relay.

His description says there is no DC power coming from a fully charged chassis battery. So that sounds like battery disconnect relay of isolation relay -- especially when he tried the emergency start which should have shunted DC power from the house batteries to the chassis.

Thoughts?
2015 Vegas 24.1 (E-350)
bevedfelker is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.