Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 10-11-2018, 04:46 PM   #3615
TonyStuart

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 27k
State: Missouri
THOR #13292
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warhouse View Post
Lot's of back and forth on this wheel topic. Just to be clear, you went with Alcoa 19.5 x 6 wheel replacements with Michelin tires in the front only? Did you leave the steel in the rear?
Finally which Mich's did you go with?

Thanks and stay safe.

Michelin XRV. Probably would have been ok using the oem GoodYears but went ahead with new steers and put old ones on the steel rims for spares. I used Buy Truck Wheels and got all six aluminum rims. Alcoa-4 durabright and 2 level for 2785. I was told the Accuride holes are different and sometimes the centering sleeves won’t work but they fit the Alcoa’s ok but I’ll probably order the correct ones as the length is different. The wheel size is 19.5 x 6. To use the steel inners I would have needed to buy 6 wide steels to match the aluminum although the tire place said they see it all the time but I think I have air balancers on the wheels so I couldn’t adjust pressure to each tire individually to keep the circumference of each close. Still can’t get over the difference in ride. 85 psi in front and 90 in the rear.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.