Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 10-12-2018, 08:07 PM   #8
Long & Winding road

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2017 Axis 25.4
State: Arkansas
THOR #12231
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diemaster View Post
this was my thought. only here in CA it does not get below low 30's so i was wondering if you have to winterize at all in CA?
Well if your the type to watch the weather everday and know that if you have some crazy cold snap you need to winterized or run a heater at night then I would not worry about it.

I have mine in insulated storage building. I have a temp gauge on the stove that shows the Hi's and lows for the day. Last summer it never got above 85 to 88 deg (outside temp was in high 90's) and the coldest I ever saw was either 30 or 32 deg (Lows were in single digit or Teens some nights). But it was a mild winter last her so the highs 40's and 50's in the day time so I think it warms it up and holds heat for the night. Some years we will get 30's for highs and single digits for lows so I bet after a day or two of that my RV would freeze.

But I always winterize by NOV so I dont have to worry about it.
2017 Axis / 25.4: Big Foot Levelers, Aims 1200 Watt inverter, Ceramic Window Tint, Full River AGM 6V batteries, Front Hellwig Sway bar / Rear Track Arm, Safe T Plus Steering Stabilizer, PD 4655 converter, Hard Wired Surge Guard, WEboost + WiFi Ranger, LED Headlights/Driving lights, TPMS, Surge tank, Tornado flush, Viair Compressor
Long & Winding road is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.