Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 10-14-2018, 02:01 PM   #1
tinman01

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Challenger 37 GT
State: North Carolina
THOR #7843
Challenger Heater question

I'm having trouble with the heater in my Challenger. If I'm not mistaken, the cycle of the heater is the blower comes on, then the burner will start and heat to the set temp and shut off, the blower will continue to cool down the unit and then shut off.

The trouble is the burner will turn on and off during that process. When you set the temp and the heater comes on, the blower turns on and a few seconds later the burner will start just like it should but during the heating cycle before it gets to the set temperature the burner will turn on and off several times. It will burn for a little bit (maybe one minute or so) then it will shut off the burner for a little bit (not sure how long) then it will come back on, it will continue doing this until it gets to temp, but the fan will continue blowing for the entire time, and the burner will kick back on. This will continue until it reaches the set temp then it will turn off as normal.

This gets really annoying as the heater is very loud to begin with, and it does this all night long.

Also and I'm not sure this is related but the hot water heater works good on Elec. but when I change it to gas it will burn for a little bit and then the pilot light out comes on.

This makes me think its a propane issue but not sure because I haven't had the time to trouble shoot this too.

Thanks
Don

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum