Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 07-24-2015, 06:57 PM   #5
Chance

Brand: Still Looking
State: Texas
THOR #2121
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamieGeek View Post
Where do you see this? I can't find it on the Axis or Vegas website; nor in the news and/or blogs page. Hmm a local dealer has details:
Axis 25.3 | Motor Home Class A

The bathroom looks larger than the 24.1 but not some of the other floorplans--the shower is similar in size to the 25.2. Likewise the kitchen looks pretty cramped.

I bet that rear bed folds in 1/2 when the slide is in.

I'd have to see the inside of this one: Not sure I like the cramped kitchen area--that walkway between the dinette and the sink looks to be 2' wide!

I wonder if the front bunk size is a misprint? All the front caps on the Axis/Vegas units are the same size and thus would afford the same amount of room for the bunk (unless they somehow shrunk the bunk mechanism a little for this model). Perhaps this is a design improvement that will make it to all the models.

If the dinette also slid out (so that the edge of the dinette was even with the front of the fridge) that would be a great floorplan

Only seatbelts for four (two captains chairs and the forward facing dinette seat) but sleeping for 5? (rear bed(2), dinette(2) and overhead bunk(1)). Edit: Ah the link above shows sleeping for 4: 2,1,1.

I also see that Thor has standardized on 32" TVs throughout the Axis/Vegas units. Makes sense for them now they don't have to source different sized TVs.
I expect the bed is the newer style that slides with half the mattress going over the other half. I like it much better than folding which has too many disadvantages in my opinion. I still prefer a normal bed(s) than either of these options.

The dinette is wider than I'd prefer because it's not wide enough for two adults to sleep anyway. A 38- to 39-inch-wide dinette is wide enough for four to sit and of normal twin-bed width for one. That would make the aisle 3 or 4 inches wider. And it would make RV great for four people.

The overhead bunk may be wider because without a front slide it can cantilever back further without hitting the slide. I'm not sure if that's the limit now. Without a front slide an overhead bunk could go back as far as the entry door.

While driving I think this 25.3 will feel much more open than other models. The dinette is down low, so at eye level the front living area will look very wide all the way back to bedroom. Space between fridge and stove/microwave and between closets is very wide for a small unit.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.