Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 07-03-2013, 02:02 AM   #1
9uc

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Former Daybreak Owner
State: Nevada
THOR #360
New to Thor but not RVs

Started the RV adventure in '87 while stationed in Las Vegas with a new Toyota Dolphin. Kept it 18 years. Moved up to a used '02 Coachman Class C as the Dolphin was just worn out. Loved the V-10 Ford, the handling and especially the 8 to 10 mpg. Next stop on the journey, a used '04 Tiffin 37DB as we were considering FT and felt we needed something bigger than the Class C. Loved the unit and the quality but just did not care for the Chevy/Allison drive train and though we are both very conservative drivers, never got over 6.1 mpg. We traded it for a used '11 Vista 26P with just over 2600 miles on it. It ended up being far too small, it rode like a buckboard and the handling was the worst of any unit I've owned. Anything over 60, especially in wind or heavy traffic was a struggle. While on a trip to see in laws and out laws down the deep east Texas in April, I decided that I had enough and traded it in on a new '14Thor 34XDF while in Houston. The new suspension on the F-53 chassis is so far above the prior versions I thought I had died and gone to heaven on drive ability. Love the interior and layout.
After prior experiences, I will probable will do the stabilizer bar and heavy duty sway bars just as a safety margin as soon as I can.
9uc is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.