Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 10-16-2018, 05:18 PM   #2
TurnerFam

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Georgia
THOR #4735
I'm not sure that there is any on the market that do not 'hummm', since that's a byproduct of how the relay works... it's magnetic and requires power to keep it in the 'switched' mode, which is why you hear a hum. It's also a byproduct of where the ATS is located, which for many of us is right in the base of the bed, or close by.

Without having to pull the whole box, and rerun the wiring(a pain!), what if you purchased the same unit as a replacement, and only replaced the 'guts' of the unit(the relay switches)? Might be an easier overall job.

But, yes, I would move my ATS to an outside storage bay, though it can be a job handling those large wires, but maybe it's an idea!
TurnerFam is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum