Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 10-16-2018, 07:30 PM   #9
pmrburnett4

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Ohio
THOR #12993
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurnerFam View Post
and as with Cinci, I never take the 'bypass', or as Atlanta names it, the 'perimeter', as they are just as clogged and just add a lot of extra miles to your time - neither are 'bypassing' much of anything!

I75 thru both Cinci and Atlanta is the best route, bar none, at the right TIME of day: between 10am and 2pm. Any other times are a crap shoot.

While Cinci doesn't have the HOV lanes that Atlanta does, passing thru Atlanta in the HOV lane requires NO turns, NO stops, and NO problems - RVs are just as welcomed as any other vehicle. Breeze thru town, don't try to 'bypass' anything!

I know, we've lived in and traveling thru Georgia and Atlanta all our lives, and recently put Cincinnati in that same mix - though it has yet to get any HOV lanes.

Knoxville can be a slow point, and a little confusing, especially on the way NORTH thru town in order to 'stay' on I75, but just watch the signage and make the correct exits. Like any other larger metro area, the 10am to 2pm rule works pretty well for all of these areas, especially on weekends. Or, you could go thru at 1a.m. : )
we have decided to go drive I75 o through atlanta on saturday morning.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.