Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 10-17-2018, 10:25 PM   #1
DMDSKI

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Daybreak 32HD
State: Texas
THOR #1427
Tea Pot Sound and Loss of Power

All, good evening and I am looking for guidance. I own a 2013 Thor Daybreak 32HD 15k miles. RV sat for 5 months starting every month for 30 minutes - fishing in Port Aransas Texas. Observation: Going home and driving down the road at 68 mph with TOAD. Passing vehicles up to to 75 mph with peddle to spare - normal. All of a sudden a "BOILING TEA POT Sound" came from the engine. I released the accelerator sound stopped. Then the motor would race to 5500/6500 rpm and only reach 50 mph. I diverted my plans and drove 5 more miles to the Ford Dealership. Ford diagnosed exhaust manifold leak. Great, I paid what the extended warranty would not pay for rusted bolts that had to be re-tapped. Received the vehicle and attached the TOAD. Drove -No noise and went down the road until the interstate. They coach would only go to 50 mph and I went back to Ford. They called and said no more charge as it is still not operational. Ford called today and they are flipping a coin in the air as to the problem. Maybe a tork convertor or bad motor? I called Thor and they have me the Ford Chassis Support number 800-444-3311. I called support and the Agent went through their “CALL SCRIPT” and I answered their questions and received my Case Action Number (CAN). She asked did they check the accelerator brake sensor. Governor Board? I said those are questions for Ford to answer. I called Ford and gave the CAN and telephone number. They told me they will call me later in the week. Has anyone experienced this same problem?
Engine
Engine, Triton / V10, Chassis Brand, Ford Chassis Model, F-Series Super Duty, Cylinders 10, Horsepower 362 hp @ 4,750 RPM, Torque 457 ft-lbs. @ 3,250 RPM
Displacement, 6.8 litres, Fuel Type Gas, Fuel Requirements Regular, Carburetion Type Fuel Injected, Turbocharged No, Supercharged No

Transmission
Transmission Brand TorqShift, Transmission Type 5 Speed Automatic Overdrive Yes

Thank you for your support - David

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.