Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 10-18-2018, 03:29 PM   #1
AJMike

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Regency Ultra Brougham IB
State: Arizona
THOR #13468
gas/diesel mileage questions

First, hello to everyone. I am new to this forum, and new to Thor. We have not yet bought our RV but plan to choose between a Gemini (24TB) or Vegas (24.1) and pick our RV today or tomorrow. We are headed back to the dealer in a couple of hours to take one final look.

We are coming from a 2005 class B RV so either choice will give us a lot more room than we currently have, but one thing I have some concerns about is what to expect in terms of fuel economy with the change from a B to either a small C or an A.

Our 2005 class B has a Ford V10 (which is probably similar to the V10 in the Vegas) and gives us 14-15 mpg on the highway at 65 mph, 13-14 mpg at 70 mph, but I do not know what to expect from either the Gemini diesel or the Vegas gas engines. I know this all depends upon a lot of variables - speed, road conditions, traffic, weather, wind and the like, but any information would be more than I have now. It would be a help to know what ranges to expect, and it might help me pick between the two as the cost of using the RV is something I need to consider.

Thanks for any help.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.