Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 10-21-2018, 11:38 AM   #5
Peterrrr

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Four Winds
State: Ontario
THOR #9081
Quote:
Originally Posted by JosephC View Post
I have a 2017 Thor Synergy Diesel with a 3.2 KW Cummins Onan diesel generator, Model HDZAA. Has anyone changed the oil in this generator and if so, do you know the size wrench needed for the oil drain valve cap. To open the drain cap, do you push the wrench towards the unit, or do you pull the wrench away from the generator and towards yourself. My drain valve seems very tight and I cannot remove it. Any help will certainly be appreciated. Thank you!
No help yet with your model of generator. I had a quick look at the manual to assist you as cummins normally specifies the wrench size. The drain plug is not under the unit but on the side on your genny. You and the manual mention "cap" and the manual's picture does not show it, so it does not sound like there is a drain plug but actual cap.
From your question, I don't mean to be smart but it would depend on where you place the wrench. If on the top then pull the wrench towards you, if underneath push away. Always remember, "righty tighty, lefty loosey" when looked at from an analog clock perspective.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.